This post was originally published on April 22nd, 2009. Re-posting it so that my new blog readers can also vote for this blog
. . .
I have finally come to the conclusion that I suck at Marketing! While it's a piece of cake for me writing over-1000-words posts, when it comes to promoting my blog, I am completely lost!
Take for example this "Blogitzer" Award...
Most of my friends who clicked through the badge above to vote for me, got confused when they saw a "Login Page" in front of them. Now obviously, nobody wants to become a member of another Orkut or Facebook kind of platform, if they already have too much on their plate to handle! And so they closed the site without voting! Hmmmm!
Now if I had been that "blogosphere-savvy", I would have created a post here, explaining the necessary steps, before actually informing them about this nomination and requesting them to vote for me! As it so happens, my forte is writing & only writing. Ok well, I DO manage to fix up broken computers too, so yeah, that's also a USP. But anyways... better late than never, right!
The steps for casting your precious vote! All this will take less than 2 minutes.
1. Click on the Badge on the top right of this blog which looks like this. If you have missed it on the top, you can also find it at the bottom, in the sidebar.
2. When it takes you to the "Login Page", just click on "SIGN UP". Don't worry - this site is not at all another social networking site. They basically just want your email id, to send you a verification link, which you'll have to follow back to vote. That's all. This step is added to ensure only-one-vote-per-email-id, so that I don't start cheating and give myself 1000 votes! LOL!
3. So just check your email, and "Verify the link" given in their mail.
4. Find my nomination under the "Blogitzer" category (it's on page 1 currently). Alternatively, you can simply copy-paste this URL in your address bar: http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/72883.
5. Click on the button that says "VOTE". It will change to "VOTED" if your vote has registered correctly.
6. Drop me a mail so that I can thank you personally! :-p
Oh btw, they won't use your email id for anything else - no spam, no further communication, no promotions, no unwanted emails ever!
If you still face any problem in voting, leave a comment here and I will help you out.
Take care & keep smiling. :-)